GoldMine Web is a new browser-based application that’s included with GoldMine Premium Edition and installed as part of the GoldMine Connect package. GoldMine Web offers real-time access to your GoldMine database without any desktop setup via any current web/internet browser (Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome). It provides the look and feel of a web client and doesn’t require any software or mobile app installation for the remote end user. It is a website application that gets installed on your Windows Server running IIS and can be accessed from any modern web browser on a desktop (Mac/PC) , laptop, smartphone or tablet device.
If Installing GoldMine Web on a Domain the GoldMine Connect Installer for GoldMine Web is not supported for use on Domain Controller, unless the operating system on the Domain Controller is “Small Business Edition.” Please read the Installation Guide for more information.
GoldMine Web features include:
- Detailed contact record views including pending and completed activities, custom fields, notes and details
- Graphical calendar helps you stay organized by scheduling calls, appointments, actions and more
- Automatically link sent and received emails using your local email client
- GoldMine Web is included free with the purchase of Premium licenses – new or upgrades. GoldMine Premium customers current on maintenance are also entitled to the upgrade to GoldMine Web
GoldMine Web provides the look and feel of a web client and doesn’t require installation for the end user of GoldMine Premium Edition. GoldMine Web makes support for the administrator simple because there is no software to install or manage. Because GoldMine Web extends the functionality of GoldMine Premium Edition via the browser, users can continue to manage key contact and relationship management functionality as if they were working in the native Windows environment.
GoldMine Web features an intuitive and feature-rich interface for contact management. GoldMine Web is great for remote offices, teleworkers, or users travelling. While GoldMine Mobile is specifically designed for iOS and Android devices, GoldMine Web expands the CRM capability with features in GoldMine Premium Edition CRM for Windows to users with a browser and is the perfect solution for organizations looking for a hybrid CRM cloud solution.
“With GoldMine Web, we can now provide the premise-based features of our Windows CRM platform to anyone with an Internet browser. GoldMine Web is perfect for any organization that is looking for a light, web-based CRM extension for their Windows environment,” said Paul Petersen, General Manager of GoldMine. “GoldMine Web will provide real-time access to a GoldMine database using any browser without any desktop setup. Users just launch the browser to view, update, and create records.”
Organizations using GoldMine to manage their business look to GoldMine Premium Edition to build close, long-lasting relationships. By providing businesses with class-leading features and addressing the needs of a anywhere, anytime workforce, GoldMine Web helps organizations become nimble by leveraging the power of the cloud as a bridge to GoldMine Premium Edition.
Android 4.4.x – 6.0
Android 3 Chrome 4.2.x – 5.1
The installation process for GoldMine Connect involves several prerequisites depending on your Windows Server version. You must first have GoldMine Premium Edition installed. GoldMine Web requires no additional licensing and can be used by any user of GoldMine Premium Edition.
Before you Install GoldMine Connect the following are some requirements and recommendations to ensure a successful installation of GoldMine Connect:
- If you have GoldMine Mobile installed you must uninstall it completely before installing GoldMine Connect ( gmconnect.exe ). This includes deleting all associated files and folders.
- If you have a version of GoldMine Connect installed prior to 2015.1 you must uninstall it completely before installing the current version. This includes deleting all associated files and folders.
- If you have GoldMine Connect 2015.1 installed it is not necessary to uninstall it. You may run the GoldMine Connect 2015.2 installer to upgrade the existing installation.
- Using HTTPS protocol to access GoldMine Web is highly recommended for network security and may require an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate and configuration in IIS.
- Using IMAP is recommended for GoldMine Premium User Options > Email > ‘Getting Mail’ Server settings. See the GoldMine Administrator’s Guide for information on how to configure GoldMine Premium Edition for use with GoldMine Web.
The following table lists the prerequisites for specific versions of Windows Server. In addition you must also determine an installation process based on your set up (see Installation Options ).
- You must first install GoldMine Premium Edition on the dedicated GoldMine Connect server with the Web Server (IIS) role enabled. GoldMine Premium Edition and GoldMine Connect must be the same version ( 2015.2.0 .xxx) but build numbers (2015.2.0. xxx ) are not required to match. The GoldMine Premium Edition installation may be the shared server installation or may be a workstation installation accessing a shared server installation on another server. Refer to the GoldMine Premium Edition Installation Guide for more details.
- Microsoft’s .NET 4.5 framework.
- The Web Server (IIS) role and some related features must be added prior to installing GoldMine Connect. See Configuring IIS for more information.
Different versions of IIS are included on different versions of Servers:
- Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5
- Windows Server 2012 Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.5
NOTE: GoldMine Connect is not supported for use on Domain Controller, unless the operating system on the Domain Control is “Small Business Edition.”
The following minimum requirements are based on number of users accessing GoldMine Connect.
Small environments, with 5 to 10 GoldMine Connect users.
Typically single server environments, where the server is used as both the GoldMine application server, and the Microsoft SQL server. For these environments a version of Microsoft SQL Server compatible with GoldMine Premium Edition is required.
Operating System – CPU – RAM
Server 2008 – 2.0 GHz using 2 Processors with 2 Cores each – 4GB RAM, plus what is needed for your SQL database.
Server 2012 – 3.0 GHz using 2 Processors with 2 Cores each – 4GB RAM, plus what is needed for your SQL database.
Medium environments, with 10 to 25 GoldMine Connect users.
Two servers are required. One server will operate as the Web Server for GoldMine Connect and the second server will have Microsoft SQL installed. You may use either the Web Server or the Microsoft SQL server as the GoldMine Application Server. Microsoft SQL Standard edition is required to support this number of GoldMine Connect users, in conjunction with your network workstation clients for GoldMine Premium Edition.
Server Role / Operating System – CPU – RAM
GoldMine Connect / Web Server – 2.0 GHz using 2 Processors with 2 Cores each – 4GB RAM. Microsoft SQL Server – 2.0 GHz using 2 Processors with 2 Cores each – 2GB RAM, plus what is needed for your SQL database.
NOTE: Using a single server environment to support 10 to 25 GoldMine Connect users is not recommended. This may lead to loss of connectivity between the Web client users and the Web Server due to high CPU usage generated by the IIS application and the SQL server activity when multiple records are created or updated at the same time. This will be further impacted by activity generated from your network workstation running GoldMine Premium Edition.
Large environments, with 25 to 50 GoldMine Connect users.
Two servers are required. One server will operate as the Web Server for GoldMine Connect, and the second server will have Microsoft SQL. Microsoft SQL Standard edition is required to support this number of GoldMine Connect users, in conjunction with your network workstation clients for GoldMine Premium Edition. An additional server is recommended for use as application server, this is particularly important if you have a large number of internal desktop clients or you are using GoldSync to synchronize with other GoldMine sites or undocked installations of GoldMine.
Server Role / Operating System – CPU – RAM
GoldMine Connect / Web Server – 3.0 GHz using 2 Processors with 2 Cores each – 4GB RAM.
Microsoft SQL Server – 3.0 GHz using 2 Processors with 2 Cores each – 4GB RAM, plus what is needed for your SQL database.
Additional Factors That Will Impact Performance.
It is not recommended to use GoldMine Connect on a Server where iGoldmine, Terminal Server or Citrix is actively used. This may result in poor performance of the Web Server when responding to requests from GoldMine Web when accessed by users.
GoldMine Web has a minimum connection speed requirement for both the device, and for the server from where the web application is published. Using speeds lower than the required speed may lead to loss of data, a disconnect between the device and the server, or a general failure when loading on the end- users device.
A Smartphone or Tablet device must have a cellular connection type of 3G, or higher, with a connection speed of 3mb download and a 2mb upload. For devices using a WiFi connection, a 100mb connection or faster is required. For both Cellular and WiFi connections, at least 2 bars of radio signal should be present when either application is used.
For the Web Server there should be at least a consistent 3mb download, and 2mb upload connection speed to support 10 to 15 users. The more users that access the GoldMine Web via the Web Server, the more bandwidth will be needed between the Web Server and your ISP.